ASP.NET with NoSQL Database Workshop
The workshop will show developers how to build a full-stack CRUD application with Couchbase Server. Angular will be used for the frontend, and application code will be written using ASP.NET WebAPI. Couchbase will be used as the backend database.
Attendees will learn:
- Different options to install Couchbase Server
- Basic configuration of Couchbase Server
- Data modeling for NoSQL applications
- Basic N1QL syntax to manipulate data
- How to use the Couchbase SDK to perform CRUD operations
- Couchbase SDK design patterns and anti-patterns
- Effective use of developer tools such as Query Workbench, Couchbase CLI, and REST API
- How to create a simple Couchbase cluster using Docker or cloud platforms such as Amazon and Azure
This workshop is intended for a broad range of developers interested in using Couchbase Server (or other NoSQL databases).
In addition to good wifi access (hopefully not necessary, but just in case), basic development prerequisites include: Visual Studio 2015+ / Visual Studio Code, admin privileges to install software, node/npm/angular2 installed, 8gb RAM, plenty of hard drive space.
Optional: an Azure account already setup, Docker.